There are a number of items common to all cottages, which are listed here.
- Local information folders – what to do, see and where it is.
- Upstairs windows have locks for child – safety compliant with current regulations.
- Non – slip bath mats provided where needed.
- Generally there are heated towel rails in bathrooms, some of which can be hot to touch.
- All cottages have moveable furniture, lamps, and ornaments. For full details of what exactly is provided with your cottage please contact our office on email@example.com 01503 262832 so that we can help.
- High chairs, travel cots, children’s pop up beds, stair gates and child friendly cutlery are available on request.
- Wireless Internet is provided in all cottages.
The individual nature of our cottages is something that we take great pride in. Because of this it is impossible to fully highlight all aspects of access here, but please do contact us so that we can discuss your personal requirements with you. We are happy to help!Standard measurements.
These are approximate measurements to give you a guide of the general features in most of our cottages. However please do contact us to discuss the specifics of your cottage as these measurements may vary from cottage to cottage.
- Standard door width (internal) – 90cm x 196cm
- Standard kitchen worktop height – 92cm
- Standard bathroom basin height – 80cm approx..
- Standard WC seat height – 40cm
Access to office.
Access via a slightly sloped gravel car park. Access via 1 step and then a step up over the threshold into a laminated office through a regular width door.
Unfortunately we do not currently provide adaptions for the hearing impaired on our materials in Braille. We can provide large print for most of our written material on request.Access to Laundry / information Room
Access via gravel flat car park / driveway. Access via 2 steps into a tiled floor laundry and information room. DVD library shelving, some of which is at standing height.Access to tennis rackets and balls.
Information leaflets on a shelving unit.Access to Swimming Pool.
Access via gravel slightly sloping driveway. Access is through a lockable gate with a code combination lock. The area around the pool is paved and there is a level lawn area. In the summer deck chairs, sun loungers and giant bean bags are available.
The swimming pool plant eg: pumps / filters and chemicals are in an enclosed locked cupboard.
The changing room is access by two steps up to a decked area which has a table and chairs that over look the pool area. There are towels available for use in here.
There is a WC (standard height) with tiles floor
Inside the changing room, you will find details of emergency contact numbers.
Flotation aids and a rescue pole are provided on the inside of the pool fence.
Access to Tennis Court is either over sloped grass or steps leasing from behind the laundry room and through the orchard. (11steps). Alternative access from the main drive and along the sloped grass area.Doctors / Hospital / Dentists
The nearest Doctors surgery to Kilminorth Cottages is – The Old Bridge Surgery in Looe ( 2 miles).
The Old Bridge Surgery, 2 Station Rd, Looe PL13 1HA
The nearest hospital with a minor injuries unit is Liskeard (approximately 15 minutes drive / 11 miles. The nearest major A&E hospital is in Plymouth (45 minutes / 22 miles).
The nearest NHS emergency dentist is in Liskeard, BUPA Dental Care, Liskeard. 01579 343361Vets / Day Boarding Kennels.
The nearest vets to Kilminorth Cottages are:
Calweton, The Millpool, Looe, PL13 2AF. 01503 263773.
24hr emergency cover is provided from their main premises in Callington, 01579 383231.
Luxtowe, The Quay, West Looe, PL13 2ES, 01579 342120
Doggy day care – The Dog House, 16 Tregarrick, Looe PL13 2PJ 01503 26925
The Pet Shop Liskeard can deliver free of charge wet, dry or raw frozen dog food on orders over £25.00 www.thepetshopliskeard.co.ukMobility Equipment Hire.
The nearest mobility ships are in Bodmin and Saltash which do equipment hire. Mobilty Centre South West www.mobilitycentresouthwest.com 01208 75355. Saltash www.saltashmobility.co.uk01752 845265 or alternatively
Mobility, Scooter and Wheelchair Hire Cornwall www.hireamobilityscooter.co.uk 01209 313401.Proprietors / Staff Availability
The owners live on site and are accessible 24 hours.Nearest Facilities
- Looe is only 2 miles away and has a variety of shops.
- Pelynt – 3 miles there is a large well-equipped Spar shop with lots of free parking.
- Premier Store and Award winning butchers. This can be found behind the Old School House social club and has free parking outside.